Tuesday, November 25, 2008

PRE-GAME REPORT.

L.A. vs NETS
When I think of the New Jersey Nets, I think of two things. I think of a team that could have done great things. They HAD great players that consisted of Jason Kidd, Keith Van Horn, Kerry Kittles, Richard Jefferson, and at that time, an injury free Kenyon Martin(Also recieving Vince Carter in 04'). They made it all the way to the finals in 2002 and were a great team. Only thing was, Lakers were the better team and swept them that year in the Finals. Year after year since then they started losing their key players except for Mr. Carter(Who is now the eldest in the Nets.). During the summer the Nets acquired power forward Yi Jianlian in a trade for Richard Jefferson(Which I think is a stupid trade). The second thing I think of when I think Nets is Pau Gasol’s first game as a Los Angeles Laker when he was acquired mid February 2008. I was running late on my way back from Melrose listening to the game on AM570. All I remember was hearing how smoothly Pau fit in our offense(Pau worked the pick-n-roll with Kobe to perfection). I get to my friend‘s house and watched the rest of the game where they defeated the Nets. Right then I knew we were set.

Now New Jersey(6-6 comes to face the Lakers(11-1) once again. But I hope that Vince Carter doesn’t think he can pull those long distance 3 pointers and reverse two handed alley-oops like he did in the game against the Raptors. If I know the Lakers, they’ll make up for their horrible defense they attempted on Sundays game against the Kings and dominate this game. Shouldn’t be too hard of a game for us.

LOOK OUT FOR US ON TV BECAUSE WE WILL BE ATTENDING!!!

No comments: