Friday, February 6, 2009

Odom says, "I want to be a Laker for the rest of my life"

In an article about trade rumors dealing him to Sacramento for Brad Miller, Odom says he wants to remain a Laker. Of course Kupchak denied any allegations about any trade rumors. Kupchak looks to see the Lakers press with the players they already have in hopes for an early return from Bynum.

DailyNews.com

“I hope not,” Odom said when asked before Thursday’s game against Boston about the possibility of a trade. “I want to be a Laker for the rest of my life. I’m a rock star. I can’t help it. Some people want me to go, some people want me to stay.

“I want to stay. I love L.A. I’m done moving around. I’ve been in L.A. since 1999. Why would I want to go anywhere else? And I want to win the big one. Why not? You’re playing, you might as well want to win, right? I’ve lost plenty. It’s time to win.

“Then I’ll sail off to the sunset one day on my white horse.” Odom laughed when he realized he had mixed his metaphors.

Of the rumors of a trade with the Kings, he said, “I’ve got to ignore it.”

No comments: