Tuesday, March 24, 2009

LAKERS vs BULLS (POST GAME REPORT)

So I've been looking for
these guys for awhile and they
finally showed up. The Bench Mob. After praising them so much a few weeks ago, they finally remembered why they were knighted "The Bench Mob.

So I was in Vegas this weekend and was watching a show during the game. During the middle of the show I had to go out and check what the score was. Down 14 at halftime? This was too depressing for me to watch so I decided to head back in and watch one of the greatest Michael Jackson impersonations ever. Seriously. Then I walk out from the show and take a peak at the TV and see we happened to pull out a victory.

When I got back from Vegas I got to watch the whole game on my DVR. Kobe had a DECENT night. It wasn't GREAT. He was taking some real difficult shots. Double teamed, off the wrong leg, fading away, difficult shots. I'm pretty sure if he made these shots I wouldn't be complaining right? Yeah, I know. 28 points, 7 assists, and 5 steals. Pau came through again, but when does he not? It's very rare he doesn't play some solid ball. 23 points, 10 boards, and 3 assists. Lamar finished with 16 points and 5 boards after getting in a lot of fould trouble again. Move your feet Lamar, move your feet! Trevor Ariza has truly embraced his starting role. His 3s are falling, his slashing is great, and he has proven that he can take it to the rack. I'd like to see him develop more of a passing game, I think with the triangle that we'd be unstoppable with that under his belt. 18 points, 8 boards, 2 steals and 7-9 shooting. Pretty effecient if you ask me.

The Bench Mob ended with 27 points shooting 50% and pretty much brought us within distance to finish off the Bulls. Considering Lamar and Trevor are inserted into the starting rotation, Jordan Farmar did a great job in leading the bench. 5-10 shooting with 13 points, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Tyrus Thomas, welcome to Jordan's poster, would you like an autograph?

A solid win on the road for the Lakers. Next up, OKC for the Thunder. Put them away early so the starters can get some rest on the second game of this 7 trip roady.

No comments: