Friday, December 5, 2008

LAKERS vs WIZARDS (PRE-GAME REPORT)



Whenever I think of the Wizards, I think of 2 things. I think of "his Airness" returning to the NBA on a team he couldn't take back to the playoffs, and I remember the first game i watched coming out of the hospital from surgery last year. If I'm not mistaken, this was one of the games on the road trip where Pau Gasol was newly acquired. In that game, Kobe had an extra step. I don't know if it because he was able to compete with his buddy Caron Butler, or it was as if he knew a drastic change was going to happen. The smile on Mamba's face, the swagger he possesed, he looked like a kid that was excited for a present. It must have been that the Spaniard was coming to town, and Kwame Butterfingers was getting shipped out. I mean come on, you can't be too excited to play against the Wizards. I remember the first time I heard Pau Gasol was acquired, I was in the hospital half dead from surgery and treatment, but I was told I'd be going home that week. It WAS good news, until I heard that Mitch Kupchak made one of the greatest decisions in the NBA. I was so happy I almost cried, literally. I never doubted the move, the rest is history. Where were you when you found out that our Lakers made a trade for Pau for practically nothing?

Tonight we face the Wizards. The injury prone team without their true star, Agent Zero. Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison are great players, but cannot get rolling on all cylinders without Gilbert Arenas making the plays. Jamison has an unorthodox style of playing basketball, but is still capable of putting up 20 and 10 any night. Caron Caron Caron. How ironic is it to speak about Caron. He currently is averaging 21 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and almost 2 steals a game. One of the most all around players in the NBA and a former Laker. He was actually Kobe's best friend when he was in L.A. I was disgusted when we traded him to the Wizards for Kwame Brown, but think of it this way now, if it wasn't for Caron going to Washington for Kwame, would we still have been able to land Pau Gasol? You will be missed Caron, but when your contract is done, I'm sure you know where to go. Other than these 2 guys, there's really nothing else. Deshawn Stevenson thinks no one can see him like Tony Yayo averaging a wopping 8 points. I thought LeBron made him retire? Nick Young's favorite player growing up is Kobe Bryant, how do you think he feels guarding him? Gilbert Arenas isn't playing, what's new? I say Lakers win by 20, we come back home 16-2.

No comments: