Sunday, January 11, 2009

Odom Update.

LA Daily News

Lamar Odom did not practice Saturday and will not play tonight against the Miami Heat. A bone bruise in his right knee continues to cause him pain. He cannot jump or run or stop or start as he usually does, so he cannot play.

"It doesn't have the strength I want it to have," Odom said. "I can play with pain. My life is painful. I'm living it, you know what I'm saying? So, a knee? It's not ready. It's not stable enough."

Odom plans to accompany the Lakers on their two-game trip to play at Houston on Tuesday and San Antonio on Wednesday. But he was uncertain whether he could play in either game. He said he would travel in order to continue treatment "twice a day and try to get back on the court. ... I can't help (the team) from the bench"
Odom attended Friday's game against the Indiana Pacers but did not make an appearance on the Lakers' bench. He spent most of the time in the training room getting treatment.

He said he did not wish to be seen by Lakers fans.

"I'm still sad about my injury," he said. "I haven't gotten over it yet."

He was injured when he collided with Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets late in the second quarter of the Lakers' loss Tuesday. His left foot got tangled between Paul's legs. His right leg bore the brunt of his weight as he and Paul crashed into each other.

"It was crazy what happened," Odom said as he explained how he was injured. "But it could have been worse. ... Freaky, freaky, freaky"
Asked about his progress, or lack thereof, Odom said, "I can take stationary jump shots, but that's it. It gets fatigued really fast, too."

No comments: